by Kim Kautzer and Debra Oldar
4th Edition. Copyright © 2003.
Is your student prepared for the essay portion of the SAT college entrance exam?
WriteShop can help!
In addition to teaching descriptive narration, narrative voice, and point of view, WriteShop II offers six comprehensive lessons in essay writing. Students learn to write and edit opinion essays, compare/contrast essays, and essays that describe or define. Special focus is placed on writing timed essays.
Recommended for grades 8-12. Most students will need to complete WriteShop I first, but an older student with a strong foundation in basic writing skills can launch right in to WriteShop II.
Teacher's Manual for WriteShop I and II. WriteShop II is not a stand-alone book. The Teacher's Manual is a critical resource, containing many instructional activities needed for introducing and/or explaining key concepts. (Note that this information is NOT always present in the student book.) In the Teacher's Manual, you will also find dozens of essay topics to use with the Persuasive Writing & Essay Unit (the student workbook does not contain any of the essay topics needed for these lessons).
Thesaurus. A good thesaurus is essential for WriteShop students. The Synonym Finder is our very favorite thesaurus, and we highly recommend it for use with the WriteShop program.
* Consumable workbook contains 14 lessons
* Most students complete WriteShop II in one year (two weeks per lesson)
* Step-by-step instructions for each lesson, written to the student
* Skill Builders to teach and reinforce new concepts
* Student and Teacher Writing Skills Checklists specific to each lesson (one per lesson)
* Composition and Essay Evaluation Forms (one per lesson)
* 17 exhaustive word banks
* Order one workbook for each additional student
* Requires Teacherís Manual (purchase separately or as part of Basic Set).
* Comes in a three-ring binder with tabbed dividers.