by William Federer
DO YOU KNOW WHO SAID THE FOLLOWING?
1. "I believe that the next half century will determine if we will advance the cause of Christian civilization or revert to the horrors of brutal paganism."
2. "Education is useless without the Bible."
3. "Let every Student be plainly instructed, and earnestly pressed to consider well, the maine end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life."
4. "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances ... could have been formed by natural selections, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree."
5. "Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence."
6. "Whoever shall introduce into public affairs the principles of primitive Christianity will change the face of the world."
7. "If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under."
ANSWERS: 1. President Theodore Roosevelt 2. Noah Webster 3. Harvard University, 1642 4. Charles Darwin 5. Martin Luther King, Jr. 6. Benjamin Franklin 7. President Ronald Reagan
These astounding quotes are only a few of the thousands in America's God And Country Encyclopedia Of Quotations. This comprehensive 845-page reference tool includes over 2,100 quotations from nearly 700 sources highlighting America's noble heritage. Complete with footnotes and illustrations, this book is a valuable resource to individuals in any occupation or endeavor.
In America's God And Country Encyclopedia Of Quotations you'll find quotes such as ...
"History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline." -General Douglas MacArthur
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
"The New Testament is the very best book that ever was or ever will be known in the world." -Charles Dickens
"Why, then, should we who believe in Christ be so surprised at what God can do with a willing man in a laboratory? Some things must be baffling to the critic who has never been born again." -George Washington Carver
"But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious Hand which preserved us in peace, and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us; and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own." - President Abraham Lincoln
"Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise; and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian." -United States Supreme Court 1892, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States
"All must admit that the reception of the teachings of Christ results in the purest patriotism, in the most scrupulous fidelity to public trust, and in the best type of citizenship." -President Grover Cleveland
"Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America win cease to be great." -Alexis de Tocqueville (845 pages, paperback, illustrations)