With literature as a basis, this innovative program uses an integrated approach as it takes your students through all the activities needed to learn reading, grammar, vocabulary, spelling, writing, research, study skills, and more. Just turn to Lesson 1 and begin teaching. The authors have done the work for you in an easy-to-follow format with little or no preparation.
Features you will find in this book:
* 36 weekly lessons divided into daily plans.
* Includes all the language arts skills: phonics, reading, spelling, grammar, and higher order thinking skills.
* A systematic phonics approach includes: short and long vowels, consonant blends, word families, and sight words.
* Handwriting instruction teaches upper and lower case letters, numbers, and punctuation! Illustrated practice sheets encourage your student to do his best.
* Read-aloud stories and "real books" provide a basis for important reading and higher-order thinking skills. Grammar skills are integrated throughout the lessons.
* Questions and activities challege your students to think effectively and apply information.
* Teacher friendly assessments provide everything you need to evaluate students for a letter grade. Also great for determining the areas of growth needed for each individual student.
* Games, activities, and hands-on projects are effective for all types of learners.
The Blue Book has been designed for a 1st grade skill level. Required readers may be purchased separately or as part of the complete Grade 1 kit.
Our Price: $24.30